I love baking banana breads. Most of the banana bread recipes can be whipped up quite quickly. In our household bananas are always lying around and I usually try to save the black bananas by trying new recipes to bake with bananas. This double chocolate banana bread is my latest recipe crush. I have tried a few more recipes with chocolate and bananas but this one wins the deal. It’s a one bowl recipe which can be whipped up in 10 minutes. When you will serve it, no one can guess you spent only 10 minutes to make it! It’s great to bake when guests are coming over and you want to serve something delicious without doing much effort. It’s a perfect summer bake because you don’t want to spend huge amount of time in kitchen during those hot days. It could also be your new go to recipe when you want to gift some baked goodies to friends and family.
When I type one big paragraph to praise a recipe, you should know it must be a grrrrreat recipe 😉
One of the best banana breads recipes with a rich chocolate flavor.
- 188 g flour
- 113 g butter softened
- 200 g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe large bananas – you can also use 5 small size bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 43 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 120 g semisweet chocolate chips
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer or with hand mixer beat together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add in the bananas and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder until just mixed then fold in the 80g of chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 9×5 loaf pan and sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I tent my banana breads after 45 minutes with aluminum foil to avoid over browning. If you check with cake tester then the bottom of the bread may have some streaks of melted chocolate.
- Let your bread cool down completely before removing it from the pan. After removing from the pan, cool it on a cooling rack and store in an air tight container. It can stay fresh in an air-tight container for upto 3 days at room temperature.
1. I tent my banana breads after 45 minutes with aluminum foil when I’m baking in my electric oven. 2. You may not have to tent with aluminum foil depending upon your oven. Every oven is different you may want to adjust the rack and timings according to your oven. 3. If you are testing with tooth pick, it should come out clean. 4. If you are testing with cake-tester or a bamboo stick, the bottom of the bread may have some streaks of melted chocolate which is perfectly okay. 5. If you don’t have a non-stick cooking spray then grease your pan with butter and dust with flour to make a non stick coating. You can also line your loaf pan with baking paper or butter paper for an extra non-stick layer. 6. Let your bread cool down completely before removing it from the pan. After removing from the pan, cool it on a cooling rack and store in an air tight container. It can stay fresh in an air-tight container for upto 3 days at room temperature.