These Banana Oatmeal Muffins with whole wheat and brown sugar are healthy enough to eat in breakfast. I also like to pack one or two in lunch boxes. They are so quick to whip up that you can actually make these delicious muffins in the morning chaos of crying & hungry kids with dirty diapers!!! You get the idea, let’s get started with the recipe details.
You can skip adding chocolate chips for even more healthier option.
Another great thing about these muffins, they are made with oil which frees you from the worry of soften the butter well before time. I’ve several favorite recipes to try whenever I have over-ripe bananas, this one is new in the list!
Don’t forget to leave me a comment if you try these!
These Chocolate Chip Banana Oeatmeal Muffins made with whole-wheat and brown sugar are healthy enough to eat in breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 large or 4 medium or 5 small Bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and mashed bananas.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and fill the cups almost full. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
You can skip adding the chocolate chips for even more healthier option.