This Banana Chocolate and Walnut loaf is a perfect summer bake which you can whip up in 10 minutes. It’s still very hot and humid in my part of world where spending time in kitchen is no fun. You can skip the walnuts if you don’t like to eat nuts in summers. But who cares? I’d never skip nuts in my banana loafs no matter if it’s summer and sounds nuts to have nuts (pun intended 😉 )
Since the kids are back to school and deciding on the lunch is a serious business. I refrigerated the bread for 3 days and gave my son a slice topped with Nutella and he loved it. You can also freeze the slices and take out for lunch boxes.
You don’t need any mixer to make the batter. You just need a whisk and a wooden spoon to mix everything up.
You can see the step by step photos below and find the recipe at the end of the post.
Measure and Whisk Dry Ingredients
Measure and Mix Wet Ingredients
Add Flour Mix to Wet Ingredients
Mix everything together using a wooden spoon until just combined. Do not over mix!
Pour the batter in a 8.5 x 4.5 inches loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 170 C.
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to mention me (@altapetedesigns) on instagram!
Another great and quick recipe to use up those black bananas to turn into a tasty treat for your family.
- 75g all-purpose flour (1 1/4 cup)
- 30g cocoa powder (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 40 g chopped walnuts
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 60 g oil (1/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 120 g sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C) and spray the loaf pan with no-stick spray or butter the pan.
- Gather and measure all the dry ingredients. Sift the flour and then sift cocoa powder into the all-purpose flour then add baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt to that same bowl. Mix to combine them evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas. Add the oil and stir well to combine. Then stir in the egg, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. With a wooden spoon gently mix to combine. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a cake tester or bamboo stick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the loaf cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. After that, remove the bread from the pan and let it cool completely on a cooling rack.